Union City Homes For Sale

to
 
 
 

Property Criteria

Features

  •  

Display Tools

Search

The area of what is today Union City was originally inhabited by the Lenape, but was later settled by Germans in 1851, who moved across the Hudson River from New York City in search of affordable land and open space. The area between what is now Palisade and Bergenline Avenue, from 22nd to 32nd Street was a Civil War installation called Camp Yates. Trolleys began to operate in West Hoboken and Union Hill in 1890, after the area was electrified. The area on which Roosevelt Stadium stood was part of a farm called Kerrigan Farm. The street that now runs from 15th Street to 25th and ends at the stadium site is called Kerrigan Avenue. From the mid-1800s to the early 1900s, German Americans and Dutch dominated the area. They, along with Swiss and Austrian immigrants, founded the European-style lace making industries, for which they were famous. Union City and West New York became the "embroidery capitol of the United States", and the embroidery industry's trademark is on the Union City Seal. Union City was incorporated on June 1, 1925 by merging the two towns of West Hoboken and Union Hill.

Save Search
There are no listings that match your search criteria.

Contact Us

  Submit